Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend


Well, our holiday was non-eventful. HA The week leading up to the holiday, Jacob was not feeling well. He had a low-grade fever, fussy, clingy and would not eat. I immediately thought he was teething..I mean he was drooling like crazy!! WRONG....what was I thinking??? Why would I assume that just because those were the symptoms my other two children had when teething that Jacob would be the same. We went to the doctor and sure enough it had nothing to do with his teeth. He was diagnosed with Hand, Foot, Mouth disease. As soon and the doctor told me his diagnosis, I thought of all my friends who had been through this with their children and CRINGED. I thought, "Okay, just give me the prescription for antibiotics and I will be on my way." Like throwing salt on an open wound the doctor calmy informed my that this was viral and antibiotics do not work on viruses. REALLY REALLY?!?!?! It has been six days since the doctor's visit and Jacob is finally eating Jello. He has refused to eat for days and has been so pitiful. Our old Jacob finally seems to be emerging. Thank you to everyone's encouragement and prayers during this past week.

post signature

No comments: